Scottsdale Tractor Trailer Accident Lawyer
Experienced Scottsdale Big Rig Accident Lawyers
Because of the sheer size and velocity of large commercial trucks and the often unreasonable time constraints of hauling schedules, these vehicles are some of the most dangerous on our roads. When a large 18-wheeler comes into contact with the average passenger vehicle in an accident, the smaller vehicle will typically be the loser in that scenario. In this case, you will want to retain a Scottsdale Tractor Trailer Accident Lawyer.
Truck Accident Data from the FMCSA
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s Fatality Analysis Reporting System, there were 5,096 large truck accidents resulting in fatality and 121,000 resulting in serious injuries in 2018 in the United States. Over 80 percent of the fatalities in those accidents were parties in the smaller vehicles. Even low-speed impacts can result in serious injuries, if not tragic deaths.
If you have been injured in an accident with a commercial truck in Scottsdale, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and damages. At The Skiver Law Firm, our experienced Scottsdale truck accident lawyers are skilled at holding negligent trucking companies and drivers accountable for their actions and the accidents and injuries they cause.
Truck Vs. Car Equals More Injuries and Higher Costs
When you consider the weight difference between the average 18-wheeler at 80,000 pounds and the typical passenger vehicle at 5,000 pounds, it is no surprise that substantial damage happens, including more devastating injuries, higher medical costs, more property damage, and an increased chance of fatality.
Who is Responsible?
The FMCSA imposes and enforces strict safety regulations that ensure the safety of both truckers and other drivers on the road. Unfortunately, most instances of commercial trucking accidents are due to negligence. This can be attributed to multiple different parties that can further complicate a trucking accident claim:
- The driver
- The company that owns the truck
- The company that owns the trailer
- The company that leased the truck or the trailer
- The company that contracted for the shipment
- The truck manufacturer or parts manufacturer
- The tire manufacturer
- The party responsible for the maintenance of the truck
Or a combination of several of these.
Negligence and Responsibility in a Truck Accident
Because Arizona is an at-fault state, the negligent party will be responsible for compensating any injured victims for their injuries and damages. Proving negligence and holding the at-fault party accountable requires the skill of a highly experienced 18-wheeler accident lawyer in Scottsdale to ensure the success of the injured party. At The Skiver Law Firm, our Scottsdale Tractor Trailer Accident Lawyer is dedicated to representing victims of truck accidents throughout Arizona to ensure that they are fairly and adequately compensated.
We do this by thoroughly investigating the accident, taking time to establish the exact cause to determine who will be held liable. As highly-experienced Scottsdale commercial truck accident attorneys, we investigate to determine
- The scheduling of the load to see if the driver felt pressured to get it there in lieu of safety constraints
- Who had control over the vehicle at the time of the accident
- Whether the driver was impaired by drugs or alcohol or was drowsy at the time of the accident.
- Whether the driver had HOS violations
- Whether the driver had a history of driving infractions or other convictions
- Whether the trucking company had a history of hauling infractions
- Whether the company kept updated maintenance records and kept the rig maintained properly
- Whether there were known manufacturing or tire defects
- Whether the cargo was secure and correctly distributed
- Whether the rig was within weight limits
- If the company had a history of FMCSA violations
We will check the log-books, the records of weigh-ins, and the information devices that many trucks now have that show the speed the truck was traveling at the time of impact.
Contact Our Scottsdale Tractor Trailer Accident Lawyer Today
When you have been injured in an 18-wheeler accident due to another’s negligence, Arizona law provides that you deserve compensation for your injuries. The Scottsdale 18-wheeler accident lawyers at The Skiver Law Firm are here to help you get the compensation you are legally entitled to. Contact us for a no-cost consultation. You pay nothing unless we recover compensation on your behalf.