Scottsdale Commercial Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer
Professional Scottsdale Commercial Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers
Large commercial motor vehicles cause an alarming amount of accidents across the United States. The causes of these are many including driver fatigue, substance impairment, traffic violations, and even maintenance issues. But the facts show that they are most often caused by someone’s negligence. You may need to seek legal assistance from a Scottsdale commercial motor vehicle accident lawyer. The Skiver Law Firm can help you receive the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Holding the At-Fault Party Accountable
When an injury results from a commercial vehicle accident, it is essential to understand the cause of the accident to hold the at-fault party accountable. This ensures that the injured party can get fairly compensated for their injuries and damages. Unfortunately, large commercial truck accidents can be extremely complicated with many points of potential cause and liable parties. This is when it is essential for the victim to have the representation of a professional commercial motor vehicle accident lawyer in Scottsdale.
Commercial Vehicle Accident Experts
At The Skiver Law Firm, we have established ourselves as the Scottsdale commercial vehicle accident law experts. Uncovering driver negligence is our expertise when it comes to large commercial vehicles including:
- Semi trucks accidents
- 18 wheelers
- Tractor-trailers accidents
- Bus injuries
- For-hire passenger vehicles
- Delivery trucks
This can include many others.
Common Commercial Industry Accident Causes
Like all motor vehicle accidents, a large commercial vehicle accident may be caused by many different things but some are particular to the industry. These are:
- Driver error — in many cases these errors are due to scheduling demands and hauling goals, causing drowsiness, speeding, impairment, and driver distraction
- Improperly loaded or secured cargo — shifting cargo can cause imbalance resulting in rollovers, cargo spills, and other hazards
- Improper vehicle maintenance — the mileage that these vehicles see demands a higher level of maintenance but downtime can result in lost profits and maintenance may be neglected
- Violations of FMCSA regulations — the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration imposes strict safety regulations on large commercial operations which often go unheeded to meet deadlines
When it comes to an accident claim involving a large commercial vehicle in Scottsdale, negligence must be established and a Scottsdale commercial motor vehicle accident lawyer can assist you. But there are many moving parts in a commercial vehicle accident claim, often involving large companies with equally large insurance policies and profits that their insurers want to protect. Negligence can fall at multiple points and lead back to:
- A driver
- A trucking company
- The truck’s owner or owner/operator
- The party who loaded the vehicle
- The manufacturer of the truck or any of its components and parts
- The party who maintained the truck
Each party has its own insurance coverage, with each insurance company often pointing the finger of blame at the other.
Injuries Can Be Extensive in Commercial Vehicle Accidents
Victims of accidents involving these types of vehicles often suffer more devastating injuries due to their weight and size. Many injured parties come away with life-altering and long-term injuries requiring months or even years of medical interventions, loss of income, and even a lifetime of chronic pain. Unfortunately, these accidents often result in many tragic fatalities.
Experience With Complicated Claims
Our Scottsdale commercial vehicle accident lawyers have extensive experience with complicated injury claims involving large companies, their associated insurance companies, and their large staff of lawyers. We have proven negligence time and again in the support of our clients to ensure that they get the maximum compensation they are due under the law for
- Medical costs, including emergency services, hospitalizations, surgeries, medications, doctor visits, diagnostics, and rehabilitation therapies
- Lost income while recuperating
- Property damage
- Future medical costs and long-term costs as they may relate to their injuries
- Future loss of earning capacity due to their injuries
- Pain and suffering and other non-economic damages
- Wrongful death claims by family members of the deceased
Retain a Scottsdale Commercial Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer
Because of the complex nature of a commercial vehicle accident claim, you need the expertise of an experienced legal professional on your side. If you have been injured in an accident involving a commercial vehicle, get the experienced legal guidance of the commercial motor vehicle lawyers at The Skiver Law Firm to understand your rights to compensation for your injuries. Contact us for a no-cost consultation to review your claim. You never pay legal costs unless we recover compensation on your behalf.