Property owners, business establishments, and homeowners have a lawful duty to provide a safe environment for individuals who visit their premises or property. When an individual is injured while visiting a home, business, or property due to a property owner's failure to provide a safe environment, the law allows the injury victim to seek compensation and damages as a result of his or her injuries.
CONTACT PREMISE LIABILITY
ACCIDENT AND INJURY ATTORNEYS TODAY
Premises liability cases may involve any dangerous physical or environmental condition that may directly cause injury or death.
Many premises liability cases involve injuries to a visitor of the property as a result of:
- Failure of the homeowner, property owner, or business owner to take adequate steps necessary to ensure visitors are not harmed by a known threat of others who are present on the premises;
- Liquid substances left on a floor surface;
- Failure to properly remove snow from walkways, sidewalks, and parking areas;
- Slick floor surfaces;
- Stairs or steps which are not in accordance with city code;
- Walkways which are too steep;
- Carpets or rugs which are not properly secure;
- Carpets or rugs which have snags, holes or other damage;
- Walkways, sidewalks, and parking areas which have potholes;
- Lawn or grass areas which have significant holes or unsafe dips in the terrain;
- Any other unsafe condition which may cause one to slip, trip or fall, resulting in an injury.
When injured on the premises of another such as a home or while visiting a business or commercial property you should seek experienced legal counsel. Your rights must be protected.