Scottsdale Dental Malpractice Lawyer
Experienced Scottsdale Dental Malpractice Lawyers
Although most people are familiar with medical malpractice, few may be aware of this type of substandard care by dental professionals. At The Skiver Law Firm, our Scottsdale dental malpractice lawyer holds negligent dentists accountable for the harm they cause their patients. When you have suffered dental or medical issues or injuries as the result of inadequate care by your dentist, you may be entitled to compensation. Let us help.
Most of us take our oral health care seriously and trust that our dentists and staff offer professional and ethical care. We routinely undergo procedures as part of our oral health management. None of us anticipate that we will suffer harm at the hands of our dentist or oral surgeon. And yet, there are those practitioners whose errors and negligence can create not only more dental problems and injuries but also serious medical ones.
Examples of Dental Malpractice
Dental malpractice can occur when the treatment provided by a dental professional falls below acceptable standards of care and results in injuries. Common examples of dental malpractice can include:
- Failure to diagnose serious conditions
- Failure to inform a patient of available options
- Failure to inform a patient of risks
- Failure to adequately treat complications
- Improper extractions
- Severing the lingual nerve
- Causing nerve damage
- The improper use of drugs to numb
- Pulling the wrong teeth
- Failure to make a specialist referral
- Failure to perform a thorough exam
- Failure to detect an oral disease
- Failure to administer an antibiotic prior to surgical procedures
- Using faulty dental hardware that results in injury or infection
- Improperly fitting dental hardware
Unfortunately, victims of dental malpractice can suffer serious injuries and complications from the substandard care of their dentist, including:
- Infections of the mouth, tongue, and brain
- Permanent injuries to the tongue, lips, chin, jaw, and face
- Heart attack
- Uncontrolled bleeding
- Undetected cancer
- Undetected oral diseases
- Injuries to the oral cavity, jaw bone, or other surrounding bone and tissue
Unfortunately, these injuries often result in many medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and, for some, life-long consequences.
If you or a family member has suffered an injury due to the negligence of a dental professional, you may be entitled to compensation for those injuries. As experienced dental malpractice attorneys in Scottsdale, we work with injured victims to ensure that they are lawfully compensated for their injuries to enable them to heal and move on.
How Do You Prove a Dental Malpractice Claim?
Malpractice is a form of negligence in Arizona. And when a party has acted negligently, he or she then becomes liable for any injuries that result. In dental malpractice claims, negligence is proven by establishing
- A duty of care — that, as a patient of the dentist, he or she owed you a professional standard of care.
- Breach of care — that your dental practitioner breached that duty and offered substandard care
- Injury — that you suffered injuries as a result of that breach of care
- Damages — that the injury has resulted in damages and losses
In malpractice claims, it can be difficult to prove these things without a skilled Scottsdale dental malpractice lawyer representing your interests. An experienced lawyer will have the knowledge and resources to prove negligence, employing the use of expert witnesses and medical experts to prove that your injuries were caused by the actions of the dentist or their staff.
How a Scottsdale Dental Malpractice Lawyer Can Help
If you have been injured due to the substandard care of a dentist in Scottsdale, you owe it to yourself to get the guidance of a legal professional. At The Skiver Law Firm, we can determine whether you have a malpractice claim, collect evidence to support your case, consult with expert witnesses to establish a breach of care and causation, and negotiate a fair settlement for compensation. If that is not possible, we will go on to litigate your case before a court of law to ensure that your compensation is the one you legally deserve for your injuries.
When you have suffered an injury because of the negligence of a dentist or their staff, contact the experienced Scottsdale dental malpractice attorneys at The Skiver Law Firm. Contact us for a no-cost consultation to discuss your case. You pay no legal fees unless we recover compensation on your behalf.